20 January 2020
The Local Areas section will focus on the integration of the themes and related topics in a way that is relevant to local communities.
There are seven local areas and two major bay systems within the Port Phillip and Western Port region.
- Bass Coast, South Gippsland and Islands
- Casey, Cardinia, Baw Baw
- Macedon Ranges, Hume, Mitchell, Whittlesea
- Moorabool, Melton, Wyndham, Geelong
- Mornington Peninsula
- Yarra Ranges, Nillumbik
- Greater Melbourne
- Port Phillip Bay
- Western Port.
The Port Phillip and Western Port region is home to almost 5 million people, so for simplicity these local areas have been defined by local government areas.
This section may include consideration of important matters such as: planning; land use change; landscape values; climate change; sustainable agriculture, water and land use planning; resilient and liveable cities and towns; recreational use; demographic changes etc.
Each local area will include the following headings:
- Assessment of current condition and trends
- Major threats and drivers of change
- Vision and outcomes
- Priority directions, including reference to any strategies, plans and action plans, in which targets, outputs and priority actions are described in detail.